You heard about Mindfulness and/or Meditation and would like to try it?
Here is your perfect opportunity to dive into the world of Mindfulness Meditation and find out whether it is something for you, even if you don't have too much time for it or have a busy always changing schedule.
Become a member of “Start Making Sense - The Live Sessions” - Sandra's online class every Monday 8pm. Enjoy live meditation from the comfort of your home. And because you will get access to the recording of the session, you are able to spend as much time per week as you like or are able to.
Why this Class is for you
- You will be able to build up a regular Meditation practise
- You will be provided with a variation of topics and techniques
- You can choose between the weekly live event and the recorded class or both
- You can enjoy from the comfort of your home, you can even invite friends and practise together
- The monthly subscription gives you the freedom of choice
- Available wherever you are
What you will learn
- How to develop a calm mindset in minutes
- Various breathing techniques to help your mind and body relax
- The provided secrets will clear your mind chatter
- Our practises will bring back the ability to hear your own true voice again - YOUR intuition
- Accepting of what is present
- Dealing with emotions and getting rid of the overwhelming effect they may have on you
- In the end you surprisingly will find out that it does not take months, years or maybe a life time of practice to gain all these goals
This is a weekly online class and is taking place every Monday 8pm (NZ time), 45 minutes.
I guide you into deep relaxation, followed by breath or body awareness to let go of the day and calm down the mind. Then we go either on a little journey or visualisation, or do some mantra or affirmation work. In this way you will get to experience different types and techniques of meditation.
A few hours after the live meditation you will receive access to the recording of the session. From then on you can dive into it as often and as deep as you like.
The access is available as long as you are a member of 'Start Making Sense'.
The monthly membership renews itself on the date of your start. You can leave anytime, just flick us an email and it is done. Even if you decide to pause and come back at another point in your life, you will again have access to all meditations on the platform.
About the instructor
A HUGE warm welcome and congrats.... You found me :-)....
Let me start with some welcoming words about myself. If you are interested in my official bio... you will find that below...
We, my hubby and I, regard ourselves as German born citizens of the world, living in New Zealand since 2009. We only started seriously thinking about what we wanted in our life around the age of 40 ... And after a few detours came up with the solution to leave Germany for good.
I needed a total change after finding out that the way I led my life didn't work for me, including too many and long working hours, living in hotels for my job, burn outs and much more. I needed to heal my "society wounds".
I finally found Meditation to be THE healing tool for me and it became the tool of hundreds of my clients too.
After a few years in my (our) new life I can say it was the right decision and I am sure it can help YOU as well.
Sandra (official Bio)
Sandra has been teaching, coaching and mentoring for most of her life.
In school, tutoring and teaching.
In sports, coaching and training others (parallel to her own sports career) from the age of 16 up to national level.
Her university degree for teaching Geography, Economics and Law on College level.
Teaching, Coaching and Mentoring for Fortune 500 Global Players.
Sandra is a German-born Banker, Teacher, Coach & Mentor, IT-Consultant and Project Manager, who moved to New Zealand in 2009. She managed to take some time out on her way to NZ via Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia.
Most of her time in NZ she has been living in Tauranga, became a Permanent Resident in 2010 and a citizen in 2016.
Asked whether she is more German or more Kiwi: “Am I a Kiwi? Well, yes and no. Why not take the best of both worlds, amalgamate it and just live … no labels .. just be … ;-) “
Sandra has successfully used various methods of focusing, mindfulness and visualisation in her sports career both as an athlete as well as a coach since 1981.
Her university degree and her career in the corporate world has brought her both success and suffering. Burned out from the work in IT projects all over the country, which she loved, she decided in 2003 to change her world. Little did she know she would literally turn her world upside down.
In 2003 she started with Tai Chi and successfully finished her training and education as a Feng Shui Consultant. In 2004 she added Reiki to her tools, which succeeded in completion as a Reiki Master / Teacher in 2007.
Practising Meditation for years, and intensively since starting with Reiki, her Feng Shui and Reiki students asked her to meditate with and teach them. This resulted in an increasing number of Meditation classes, along with the Feng Shui and Reiki Workshops she provided and facilitated.
In 2004 Sandra also started an apprenticeship in Traditional Chinese Medicine, which was only logical, coming from the 5-Element-Theory in Feng Shui. This gave her new insights into her practise.
In 2005 she enrolled at Naturopath School, which again widened her horizon.
She also undertook classes in the matters of herbs, nutrition and kinesiology (touch for health).
In 2008 Sandra specialised in Chakra work and developed a successful Chakra Workshop which combined Knowledge, Meditation and Exercise to stimulate and balance our bodies 7 main Chakras. These Workshops were well received and quite popular.
Since moving to Tauranga / New Zealand in 2009 Sandra has held various workshops and classes for Mindfulness and Chakra Meditation in Otumoetai, The Mount and Arataki.
She now holds an NZQA qualified certificate in Nutritional Healthcare as well as Natural Healthcare (2012).
or via eMail
What my Students say
Hi Sandra, I just want to thank you for last night ... I have for so many years wanted to learn meditation but never had time or was right timing for me ... I nearly didn’t make it last night but I just knew I needed to go... I loved it ... I feel even today very peacefully. Usually I’m stressed brain going constantly ... I’m hooked can’t wait to learn more next week … thank you so much this is now a new journey for me divine timing
Thank you Sandra for your amazing class last night, the topic was perfect for how I was feeling. I walked into your class last night extremely stressed and left feeling inspired to take my first step to freedom.
I was quite new to meditation when I joined the happiness class. Sandra helped me to learn to relax and focus on the moment, the now. Be grateful for things I have, and let go negative thoughts about the past and the future. This class was exactly what I needed. I loved Sandra’s gentle voice while she guided us through the meditation journeys. Thank you for that great experience.
We commit to delivering high class service at an affordable level.
- Because we want you to start meditate - NOW
- Because we want you to experience the extremely positive effects it can have on you and your life.
- Because we believe in what we do.
This is why we are there for you and love to improve our services with and for you.
Why order today?
As this class is starting now, we have an offering price of only USD 24.50 per month. This price will stay valid for you personally for as long as you stay a member – guaranteed. You can always upgrade to other opportunities to come.
Have a taste, this is one of my most popular meditations, enjoy ...
If you are a member of 'Start Making Sense - The Live Sessions' you will get discounts on all
- other events,
- courses and
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What if I can't sit cross legged for the whole meditation?
You don't need to sit cross legged if that is not comfortable for you. You feeling comfortable is most important. Whichever position feels right for you that is the position to choose. You should be able to sit comfortably and breathe unhindered for the time of the meditation. Best if you sit upright (for most meditations) your spine being straight, but still in a natural position, so that your energy can flow from head to toes and from toes back to your head.
Should I meditate with my eyes open or closed?
I personally prefer to meditate with my eyes closed, as it feels much more relaxed to me. If you feel more comfortable when you still see the light, then feel free to do so. Have a gaze on an object or on a point in front of you on the ground. Some meditation techniques work completely and only with that gaze. Completely up to you how you can relax better. Ultimately that is paramount.
I always have thoughts coming in. I find it hard to have no thoughts.
That is probably one of the greatest misconceptions of modern meditation. Especially for a beginner it is not important to have no thoughts to start with. It is more important to not attach to your thoughts. Thoughts may come, but they also go. Just like your breath comes and goes and you don't hold on to it. When a thought comes, just acknowledge it … and then let it go … like a cloud in the sky … bring your attention back to the next breath or whatever it is you are exercising with. The more you exercise this letting go, the sooner the stillness will come to you.
Can my children meditate?
Absolutely yes. Most children enjoy the meditations. It seems to come more natural to them. Even if they have problems sitting still for a certain time, they get used to it more and more every week.
How do I learn to meditate?
Well, the best way to learn it is to do it. Meditation is one of those things, you can read thousand books about it, but all that is nothing compared to actually experiencing it. And to master it you have to go through the motions. Just like an athlete, you will exercise and enjoy every single time more and more, because it becomes more and more effortless. It becomes your second nature.
When, how long and how often should I meditate?
When? That depends on your time schedule and your nature. Sometimes I meditate in the morning, sometimes in the evening. If you are a beginner it probably is helpful to start a daily routine at the same time. Maybe your lunch break? Your commute home (NOT when you're driving a car or a bike) or to work? Whenever you can integrate it naturally into your life, that is the way to do it. It shouldn't feel coerced, that would be against it's nature.
How often? Well, how often would you like to meditate? I recommend to meditate on a daily basis, just because it then can be integrated into your daily routine. If you don't have a daily routine or your days vary too much, than look how you can integrate it into that. Again, it should come naturally and with joy.
How long? Most books recommend 1 hour per day. If you are able to do that, congratulations, you are on a fabulous way. For most people 20 min per day is more realistic. You can find 20 min per day. And if you have a really hectic day, then you should even more find 20 min (maybe in the bathroom?) somewhere. If you manage to find 20 min every day, you are fast ahead of most other people. Even if on some days you only find 5 min is ok. But aim for 20 min, that is more effective. You will feel the difference. And again, if it comes natural and with joy, you will automatically begin to meditate a bit longer from time to time.
What is the best meditation?
Well, the best meditation is the one that works for you. We are all different and we have different preferences, different routines and different lifes. We live differently and have different backgrounds. This is why there are so many different types of meditation. Find the style that works for you, this is the best for you.
How do I get started? Do I need my own room?
If you have your own room to meditate in, how wonderful, that of course is great. If not, then find a routine, a place, a surrounding that calms you down naturally and nourishes you. You can work with incense, with music, with symbols, to get you into a meditative mood. But ultimately, you can also just sit down, close your eyes, and … start meditating … and enjoy the whole process … with candles or without them.
What do I do when the body posture feels wrong in the meditation or I have some itching or some flies in the room?
When you have a distraction, there are always two ways to deal with them. First, accept them as they are and surrender to them. If you feel you can't (yet) do that, then change the posture or wipe the fly away and then just carry on. It is a bit like the thought coming in. Don't cling to it … accept it or change it … and then go back to your original task. You can choose wether to re-act to the distraction or not … that can become a meditation on it's own.
I always fall asleep when I meditate.
Check your posture. The more you slouch, the more likely you will loose concentration and fall asleep.
Check your sleep as such. Are you sleep deprived? Then maybe practise some meditation first that get you into a better sleep mode.
What sometimes happens in the first sessions is that at some point your head will start nodding, because your mind can't grasp what you are doing. It thinks 'oh, silence, we are sleeping', head nodding, 'oh, no, we are not. What are we doing here?' Your whole body has to get used to this 'new' state of mind. And also, our postures are not very good most of the day, so that the muscles are tight in the neck and around. We are not used to holding a straight posture anymore and the more you relax, the more likely your head will develop a 'mind of it's own'. That will disappear in most cases after just a few session.
Depression / Anxiety: JAMA Internal Medicine found that Meditation helps heal depression and anxiety about as effectively as antidepressants.
Stress: Meditation is the single most powerful stress relieving tool available by natural means.
Productivity: Just a few minutes Meditation per day can diminish stress and enables you to perform at your best level.
Sleep Issues: Meditation will give you techniques and the relaxation to fall naturally asleep more easily.
- Session 1 - Going to the Beach (Beginners)
- Session 1 - Going to the Beach - Just Video
- Session 1 - Going to the Beach - Audio for Download
- Session 2 - Creating Reality (Medium)
- Session 2 - Creating Reality - Just Video
- Session 2 - Creating Reality - Audio for Download
- Session 3 - Senses & Love (Advanced)
- Session 3 - Senses & Love - Just Video
- Session 3 - Senses & Love - Audio for Download
- Session 4 - Mindfulness of the Body (Beginners)
- Session 4 - Mindfulness of the Body - Just Video
- Session 4 - Mindfulness of the Body - Audio for Download
- Session 5 - Healing Lake (Beginners)
- Session 5 - Healing Lake - Just Video
- Session 5 - Healing Lake - Audio for Download
- Session 6 - Qi Breath - Gratitude (Advanced)
- Session 6 - Qi Breath & Gratitude - Just Video
- Session 7 - Chakra Alignment (Medium)
- Session 7 - Chakra Alignment - Just Video
- Session 7 - Chakra Alignment - Audio for Download
- Session 8 - Qi Breath and Journey (Garden) (Medium)
- Session 8 - Qi Breath and Journey (Garden) - Just Video
- Session 8 - Qi Breath and Journey (Garden) - Audio for Download
- Session 9 - Body Scan (Beginners)
- Session 9 - Body Scan - Just Video
- Session 9 - Body Scan - Audio for Download
- Session 10 - Silence & Finding Yourself (Medium to Advanced)
- Session 10 - Silence & Finding Yourself - Just Video
- Session 10 - Silence & Finding Yourself - Audio for Download
- Session 11 - Grounding & Energising and All I Seek (Medium)
- Session 11 - Grounding & Energising and All I Seek - Just Video
- Session 11 - Grounding & Energising and All I Seek - Audio for Download
- Session 12 - Senses & Change (Medium)
- Session 12 - Senses & Change - Just Video
- Session 12 - Senses & Change - Audio for Download
- Session 13 - Mental Notation (Medium)
- Session 13 - Mental Notation - Just Video
- Session 13 - Mental Notation - Audio for Download
- Session 14 - Mindulness 7 with Body Rhythm (Medium)
- Session 14 - Mindfulness 7 with Body Rhythm - Just Video
- Session 14 - Mindfulness 7 with Body Rhythm - Audio for Download
- Session 15 - Your Journey to Freedom (Beginner)
- Session 15 - Your Journey to Freedom - Just Video
- Session 15 - Your Journey to Freedom - Audio for Download
- Session 16 - Ho'oponopono (Advanced)
- Session 16 - Ho'oponopono - Just Video
- Session 16 - Ho'oponopono - Audio for Download
- Session 21 - Path to Self (Advanced)
- Session 21 - Path to Self - Just Video
- Session 21 - Path to Self - Audio for Download
- Session 22 - Finding Focus and Fibonacci Sequence (Medium)
- Session 22 - Finding Focus and Fibonacci Sequence - Just Video
- Session 22 - Finding Focus and Fibonacci Sequence - Audio for Download
- Session 23 - Now is my Time (Beginners)
- Session 23 - Now is my Time - Just Video
- Session 23 - Now is my Time - Audio for Download
- Session 24 - Chakra 1 – Security (Beginners)
- Session 24 - Chakra 1 – Security - Just Video
- Session 24 - Chakra 1 – Security - Audio for Download
- Session 25 - The Healing Vortex (Advanced)
- Session 25 - The Healing Vortex - Just Video
- Session 25 - The Healing Vortex - Audio for Download
- Session 26 - Chakra 2 – Happiness (Beginners)
- Session 26 - Chakra 2 – Happiness - Just Video
- Session 26 - Chakra 2 – Happiness - Audio for Download
- Session 27 - Affirmation Meditation (Advanced)
- Session 27 - Affirmation Meditation - Just Video
- Session 27 - Affirmation Meditation - Audio for Download
- Session 28 - Chakra 3 – Inner Strength (Beginners)
- Session 28 - Chakra 3 – Inner Strength - Just Video
- Session 28 - Chakra 3 – Inner Strength - Audio for Download
- Session 29 - Fearless Freedom (Medium)
- Session 29 - Fearless Freedom - Just Video
- Session 29 - Fearless Freedom - Audio for Download
- Session 30 - Chakra 4 – Love and Compassion (Beginners)
- Session 30 - Chakra 4 – Love and Compassion - Just Video
- Session 30 - Chakra 4 – Love and Compassion - Audio for Download
- Session 31 - Journey to an Island (Beginners)
- Session 31 - Journey to an Island - Just Video
- Session 31 - Journey to an Island - Audio for Download